Creative Brand Strategy Task 3
( Week 10 - Week 14 )
Taylor's University
Shubashini a/p Subramaniam / 0367697 / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Creative Brand Strategy ( MKT63904 )
Task 3
Table of Content :
1. Module Information Booklet
2. Lectures
3. Task
4. Task Compilation
5. Reflection
Lectures
Task 3
Task 3 : Brand and Campaign Strategy Design
Task 3 builds on the completed Brand Guideline (Task 2) by applying the brand identity consistently across all campaign outcomes. Every design should reflect the campaign’s logo, colours, typography, visual style, and tone of voice while supporting the approved theme, target audience, and key message.
Requirements:
- Campaign Application Design: Develop 3 functional campaign applications (e.g., posters, social media, toolkit, website) that communicate the campaign message. Each design should explain its purpose, target audience, usage, audience interaction, and connection to the Brand Guideline, and be presented as professional mockups.
- Impression Artwork / Journey Map: Show the audience journey from campaign discovery, interaction, and experience to the final action and impact.
- Impactful Project: Create one key campaign piece, such as a 30–60 second promotional video, interactive quiz, or illustration book, submitted in a functional format.
- Final Presentation: Present the campaign through a branded slide deck covering the campaign overview, objectives, target audience, key message, application designs, journey map, impactful project, and expected impact.
Submission: Compile the campaign mockups, Journey Map, and presentation into one PDF, while submitting the impactful project separately in its appropriate functional format.
Week 10 - Week 14
For my campaign I decided to go with these Application and Impactful Project :
Applications :
1. Flyers
2. Comics
3. Stickers
4. Umbrella
Impactful Project :
Illustration Book
I decided to tackle one project at a time to get it done with.
Comic Book
I first started with the comic book, I wanted to have its art style fixed since I was planning to do three sets of comic. I created a mood board to kind of get inspiration of what I wanted to create.
![]() |
| Figure 1, Comic Moodboard & Idea Rationale |
![]() |
Figure 3, Comic Strip Ideas Brainstorm |
Flyers
![]() |
| Figure 7, First Flyer Prototype |
Sir told me for the flyer, a minimalistic approach is fine, but make sure it still has enough information. It should include:
- Campaign name: The Umbrella Club
- Main message: Am I Okay?
- Short explanation of what the campaign is about
- Date, time, and venue if it is for an exhibition/event
- QR code with a clear CTA, for example: Scan to read the comics / Scan to explore support resources
- Social media/contact if relevant
![]() |
| Figure 8, Final Flyer Prototype |
Stickers
For the stickers, I decided to use the symbols I created so I just needed to create a mock-up to show how the stickers can be used. I used Photoshop to edit the mockups to insert my visuals in it.
![]() |
| Figure 9, Sticker Symbols |
![]() |
| Figure 9, Sticker Symbols on a Laptop Mockup |
Umbrella
It was the same for the umbrella as well, all I had to do was edit its colour to match my brands colour palette. I created a cover for the umbrella using my b rands pattern :
![]() |
| Figure 10, Umbrella Application Design |
![]() |
| Figure 11, Umbrella Application Design Variations |
Impactful Project
For my Impactful Project, I decided to do an Illustration Book for one of my main campaign application, to continue and give an ending to the comic. For the Illustration Book I planed to create two additional endings for the comics, a good ending in where the main character accepts their pain and chooses to seek help and a bad ending where the mc normalizes whatever they are going through.
I wanted to make the good endings longer to symbolise changing for the good is not easy and is a long process but it is worth it. However the bad ending would just be a creative illustration of what happens when you don't change, don't accept yourself going through problems and brushing your problem aside.
Illustrations of the Bad Ending :
![]() |
| Figure 12, Illustration of Bad Ending Comic 1 |
![]() |
| Figure 13, Illustration of Bad Ending Comic 2 |
![]() |
| Figure 14, Illustration of Bad Ending Comic 3 |
Illustrations of the Good Ending :











Sir mentioned a few things to improve:
-
Fix the front matter
Please check the typo and formatting:- “Am i Okay ?” should be “Am I Okay?”
- “Table of Content” should be “Table of Contents”
-
The table of contents is repeated, so clean that section.
-
Character Introduction needs to be developed
Since you have not added the character details yet, this is important. Remember to add the character’s name, personality, emotional struggle, visual traits, and role in the story. This helps the reader connect with the comic before entering the story.
-
Comic pages need stronger flow
The illustrations are expressive, but some pages have inconsistent image sizes and spacing. Try to align the comic panels more cleanly. Some panels can be enlarged, while repeated titles can be reduced so the artwork becomes the main focus.
-
Alternative endings need clearer navigation
Since your concept is based on multiple outcomes, add a clearer transition page such as:
“What happens next depends on the choice…”
Choice A: Reach out / Choice B: Stay silent
This will make the good and bad endings feel more intentional, not just separate sections.
-
Bad Alternative Endings
When you add the bad endings, be careful with how you present them. Keep them symbolic and reflective, not too direct or overly dark. The message should still guide the reader toward awareness, support, and hope.
![]() |
Figure 20, Correction Needed on Cover of the Book |
Presentation Slides
![]() |
| Figure 21, Presentation Slides done in Illustrator |
After reviewing the presentation slides, we discussed simplifying the content by reducing long paragraphs into concise key points, allowing the detailed explanations to be delivered verbally during the presentation. We also decided to differentiate the Campaign Objectives and Key Message slides by making the key message a single impactful campaign statement rather than repeating the objectives. In addition, the text hierarchy will be improved by reducing the amount of body text and increasing spacing for better readability.
We also agreed to strengthen the presentation of the campaign applications by explaining the purpose of each item, such as how the flyer creates awareness, the comics build emotional understanding, the stickers and keychain serve as daily reminders, and the umbrella reinforces the campaign identity. The illustration book slides will be adjusted to display fewer comic pages at a larger size so the visuals are easier to see, while the journey map will be refined by renaming repeated stages to create a clearer and more progressive user experience.
After the final review, we agreed to make several refinements before submission. The Target Audience slide will be made more specific by clearly identifying university students experiencing academic pressure or feeling overwhelmed rather than repeating the problem statement. The Icon slide will be cleaned up by removing placeholder text, ensuring all icon labels are consistent, and using a uniform visual style. The Journey Map will also be improved by showing a clearer progression between campaign applications, such as Flyer → Comic → Illustration Book → Stickers/Umbrella, to better illustrate the audience's journey.
We also decided to correct all remaining typos, check the PDF for any font or export issues, and clearly distinguish the Illustration Book from the Comic during the presentation. The comic will be explained as a campaign application, while the illustration book will be presented as the main impactful project that encourages reflection through alternative story outcomes. Overall, only these final refinements are needed to improve the clarity, consistency, and professionalism of the final submission.
Task 3 Outcome Compilation:
Presentation Slides :
Illustration Book :
Reflection
Experience:
Throughout Task 3, I experienced the complete process of developing a campaign from concept to final execution. I designed the campaign applications, including flyers, comics, stickers, and an umbrella, before creating the illustration book as my impactful project. Regular consultations and feedback sessions helped me refine my ideas, improve the overall structure, and ensure every outcome aligned with my campaign identity. I also gained experience presenting my work professionally by designing and refining my final presentation slides.
Observations:
I observed that a successful campaign requires more than attractive visuals. Every application needed to have a clear purpose and work together to communicate the campaign message. Feedback also showed me that organisation, visual hierarchy, transitions, and readability are just as important as the design itself. Small details such as consistent layouts, typography, image quality, and clear navigation greatly influenced the overall effectiveness and professionalism of the campaign.
Findings:
This project taught me the importance of iterative design and being open to constructive criticism. Through continuous revisions, I learned how to improve storytelling, strengthen audience engagement, and create a more cohesive campaign experience. I also realised that every design decision should support the campaign's objectives and provide a meaningful experience for the audience. Overall, Task 3 strengthened my skills in campaign development, visual communication, presentation, and applying feedback to produce a polished final outcome.















Comments
Post a Comment